MODULE 2 Unit 1
Te。aching aims and demands:
1。. Get the Ss t。o grasp how to tell the ti。me.
2. Listen and。 say the new wor。ds: w。hen, time, clock。, o’clock, half, past, park, airplane, train, tired and film
3. Get the Ss to grasp the new sentences: What t。ime is it? It。’s 3 o’clock. It’s half past 7 Is it 8 o’clock?
Teaching main points and dif。ficult points:
1. Learn to sing this song. Listen and say the new words: wh。en, tim。e, clock, o’。clock, half, past, park, airplane, t。rain, tired and film
2. Get the Ss to grasp how to tell the time.
Tape, r。eco。rder, CD-ROM, pictures and a clock..
1. T and Ss greet each other.
2. Repeat the Alphabet。 Song。 from Module 1.
3. Repeat the chant from Unit 2 of Module 1..
Ⅱ. New content.
Activity 1. Listen and point.
1. Ask the children to look at the pages a。nd to guess what they can see. Elicit as much information about the story as you can in Chinese by asking questions. For example, ask them if they can guess wh。a。t Sam is asking and why. You can also point to each clock and elicit th。e times in Chinese. This will help them to understand the cont。ext of the story.
2. 。 Play the cassette. The children listen and follow in their b。ooks. Explain that What’s the time? And What time is it? Are both alternatives and mean the same thing.
3. Play the cassette again. Pa。using aft。er each utterance for the children to point at the correspon。ding picture.
4. Play the cassette ag。ain. Encourage the class to point to each clock as they repeat.
5. Repeat this act。ivity, asking individual students to repeat the utterances. Alternativ。ely, divide the class into groups.
Act。ivit。y 2.Act it out.
1. Divide the class。 into four sections. Give each section a role in the conversation, either Sam, Grandpa, Num or Dad.
2. The whole class acts the dialogue, with。 each group say。ing the corresponding text.
3. The children now act out the dialogue in pairs. Remind them to point to t。he corresponding pictures.
Ⅲ. Activity book:
1. Look at the clo。cks and write the numbers.
2. Now point, ask and answer.
3. Listen and d。ra。w the times on the clocks.
1. Listen to th。e tape.
2. Act out dialogue.
Ⅴ.Handwriting on the Bb。:
What’s the time? It’s ____o’clock. 。 clock park airplane
。 。train tried film