Period: The First Period
Content: Lesson 45
Properties: Recorder; Overhead Projector; Objects.
Teaching Objectives: the Passive Voice, be used for d。oing
Ⅰ。Showing the teaching aims
* Revise。 the Passi。ve Voice again. Take out some objects to ask and answer.
* What’s this in English?
* What’s it made of?
* Where was it made?
* Do you w。ant to buy a …?
Ask the individual: Do you have a computer? Does Laura have a computer? Where was it made? Listen to the tape or watch the flash and answe。r the questions, then read and act it out.
Part 2. Discuss the。 model with t。he students. Point o。ut that “by people” is usually omitted.
Do。 the first one with the whole。 class as an example, then let the students work on their own, write down the answers i。n their exercise books. Check the answers with the whole class. Explain the new words and expressions.
1. put… i。nto
Nothing is difficult if you put your heart into it.
2. point at
He is pointing at the map.
3. information: news
Let the students practise this structure: be used fo。r doing.
Show pictures: satellite, universe
Then let the students make sentences in their exercise books, finally, check the answers with the w。hole class.
Ⅶ。Exercis。e in class
Fill in the blanks:
1. The moon travels round the earth. It’s our ___________.
2. There m。ust be ___________ wrong with the radio.
3。. She ___________ me a letter la。st week.
4. Sheep are ___________ by farmers for producing wool and meat.
5. Most of us are ___________in English. (interested)
1. Finish off the wor。kbook.
2. Make fi。ve sentences using “be used for doing”.